Well hello Summer! I’m so glad you are back 🙂 Summer is without a doubt my favourite season of the year and December officially marks the start of Summer in Sydney. I love everything about it … well almost everything, you can keep all the bugs but other than that I’m in my sweet spot every time the mercury tops 30c (86F). I wore this outfit yesterday when the temps were nudging 40c (104F) throughout most of the city and I thought icy blue printed pants were the perfect way to welcome the season. I was smitten with these pants from the moment I clapped eyes on them and you know how much I love baby blue. Where I live in Sydney is very close to an Army base and I’m a big supporter of our brave service men and women who do so much to defend the freedom that we enjoy and today’s location is Light Horse Park about 5 minutes away from my house which has a beautiful bronze sculpture honouring the Australian soldiers of WW1 and their trusty steeds. Sadly, when the soldiers returned home they were not permitted to bring their horses home due to Australia’s strict quarantine laws and the costs of repatriation. However, there is always an exception to the rule and Major General Sir William Bridges’ dying wish after being wounded in battle was that his best mate Sandy be brought home to Melbourne. Unfortunately approximately 136,000 other horses were left behind, leaving their handlers heartbroken. I bet you weren’t expecting a history lesson with your link up today! Read on for all the details …
I’m a bit of a newbie to bold graphics and these blue printed pants are most definitely the loudest I own. If I wind the clock back a little over 12 months ago to when I started this blog my daily work uniform consisted of black or grey pants on high rotation. When I look back I cannot believe how far I have come! My tip for those trying bold prints for the first time is to keep the rest of the outfit simple and in a similar colour palette so as not to detract from your statement piece. You can work up to print mixing further down the track if you are game!
This week I wore:-
- Express Medallion Floral Editor Pants – Featured in The Monthly Wrap #40. Buy here.
- Express Sleeveless Portofino Shirt – Featured in The Weekly Wrap #19. Options here, here & here.
- SES Fashion Cardigan – Old. Options here, here & here.
- Tory Burch York Buckle Tote – Featured in The Monthly Wrap #37. Buy here.
- Sandler Dazzle Sandals – Featured in The Weekly Wrap #9. Options here, here & here.
- Prada Sunglasses – Old. Options here, here & here.
- Steve The Bush Jeweller Spoon Bracelet – Featured in The Monthly Wrap #40. Options here, here & here.
- Envy Jewellery Dazzle Me Ring – Featured in The Weekly Wrap #36. Buy here.
- Gucci G Watch – Old. Buy here.
- Envy Jewellery Curvalicious Choker & Heart Breaker Pendant – Featured in The Weekly Wrap #36. Buy here & here.
- Follow your host on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin, Instagram and/or Pinterest;
- Add a link back to Sydney Fashion Hunter in the post you are linking (text or button above);
- Link as many times as you like to specific blog posts (not your home page); and
- Visit a few of the links and find new blogs to love.