This page is just about the most boring thing I have ever written. I spent ages trying to get it right and am crossing my fingers that I have covered all the bases, but I’m not a lawyer so there is a good chance I have slipped up somewhere. Don’t get me wrong, I understand the need for compliance all too well. I’m a risk manager by day which means I spend Monday to Friday neck-deep in compliance matters so the last thing I want to do in my time off is deal with more compliance issues for my blog. Yet here we are. I often tell people who ask me for compliance advice that it is far more important to respect the intent of the law than it is to simply comply with the letter of the law. There are a million legal loopholes that enable those with overpriced lawyers on retainer to shirk their obligations but that is not me. In my day job I preach ‘doing the right thing’ so it would be remiss of me to do anything less here. I’m guessing right about now that you are wishing you had clicked on one of my much more interesting blog posts instead of this page but if you have made it this far, you may as well stick with me a little longer.
The following policies apply to the Flights to Fancy website found at https://flightstofancy.com (“Website”):-
Flights To Fancy Disclaimer
1. This Website is a travel blog. If you haven’t figured that out by now I’m not sure why you are actually here.
2. All opinions expressed in the blog posts on this Website are based on my own experiences and are not influenced in any way by any product/service providers that I may have collaborated with or am affiliated with. I mean seriously, as if anyone could influence me to write anything other than exactly what I wanted to!
3. Occasionally I publish collaborative or guest posts which includes content from other contributors. These contributors express their own opinions based on their experiences. In these instances I will identify the writer within the post. The Terms and Conditions for contributors to this Website are listed below.
4. Visitors to this Website are able to express their own opinions in the comments section of this Website. I am not responsible for the information provided by visitors to the Website in comments, however I do have requirements for those leaving comments (see below). If you notice any comments that do not meet these requirements please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The information is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication but I’m human and humans by nature are prone to making mistakes. I will not be liable for any errors or omissions on this Website nor will I be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages suffered by those who use the information on this Website.
5. I do not possess travel industry qualifications. I have however, travelled extensively over the last 20 years and have learned a thing or two by trial and error during this time.
6. I reserve the right to change any aspect of this blog at any time for any reason. Because I can.
Flights to Fancy Terms & Conditions
Your access to and the use of this Website is conditioned on your acceptance of the following Terms & Conditions (“T&C’s”). These T&C’s apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use this Website. By accessing the Website you agree to be bound by these T&C’s. If you disagree with any part of the T&C’s then you may not access the Website. These T&C’s are governed by the laws of Australia and the State of New South Wales. (Go the Blues!).
Restrictions on Use
Everything on this site is my property unless it has been provided by a contributor (see below) or credit has been given to the original source. This content is protected by Australian and international copyright laws. I’m not a great sharer (only child syndrome!) and I hate it when people take my stuff without asking. It’s seriously not cool, therefore you may not modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt or use any element of this Website without my written consent. Requests to use my content should be submitted to email@example.com. If you are interested in using content provided by a contributor or another source please contact them directly.
In order to provide an interactive experience for visitors to this Website, I have made comments available on each blog post of this Website. I love getting comments and feedback from my readers but let’s keep it clean shall we. If you choose to leave a comment on this Website you must not impersonate an individual or entity. You may not leave a comment or provide a link to a website that is unlawful, false, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, disparaging, obscene, discriminatory or objectionable. I reserve the right to remove or edit any comments/links that do not meet the above guidelines. I occasionally clean up and remove any broken links on this Website including in comments. You agree not to harass, stalk or abuse any other users who have left comments on this Website. Whether a comment/link meets this criteria will be determined at my sole discretion.
Links To Other Websites
This Website contains links to third-party websites. Flights to Fancy has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of these third-party websites. You acknowledge and agree that Flights to Fancy shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites.
Occasionally this Website accepts contributions from other writers. If you submit content with the intent that it will be published on this Website you must guarantee that you are the sole owner and author of the article and own 100% of the copyrights pertaining to all content provided including images. You must ensure that the article provided is unique and has not been published elsewhere on the Internet. I reserve the right to edit any contribution submitted to ensure that the published content is error free, grammatically correct and meets this Website’s style, tone and standards, but I will not substantially alter the context or information supplied by contributors. Submitting a contribution does not guarantee that it will be published on this Website. The decision on whether a contribution will be published is at my sole discretion.
Changes to T&C’s
I reserve the right, at my sole discretion, to modify or replace these T&C’s at any time.
I truly appreciate that you have taken time out of your busy day to stop by my little slice of cyberspace so I would never misuse the information you have entrusted me with. I respect your privacy and am committed to protecting it. I will never sell your personal information to third parties. I will never provide your information to third parties unless I am required to do so by law. I will never spam you with a barrage of unsolicited emails. I will simply use your information to operate this website, conduct analysis, optimise your reading experience and send you the occasional email if you have subscribed.
Collection of Information
- I may collect personal information such as your name or email address when you voluntarily submit information to this Website by leaving a comment or subscribing to my newsletter;
- I may receive information about you from other sources, for instance if you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin and/or Google accounts when commenting.
- I automatically collect certain information about you and the device you use to access this Website e.g. the dates/times you accessed this Website, your IP address, your operating system type, your browser type, the referring website, the pages you viewed and the links you clicked; and
- I may store your information using cookies (see below) to provide you with a more personalised experience on this Website.
Use of Information
I may use the information collected to:
- Operate and maintain this Website;
- Identify you as a user and provide a more tailored experience when you visit this website;
- Send you newsletters (if you have subscribed) and/or administrative communications;
- Respond to your comments or enquiries;
- Provide you with user support;
- Track and measure advertising on this Website;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorised or illegal activity; and
- Provide anonymous high-level visitor data (which does not identify you) to third parties interested in working with Flights to Fancy.
Third Party Providers
I will never share your information with a third party without your consent except where required by law. This website uses a number of third party providers to enable it to function efficiently and effectively. These third party providers are governed by their own privacy policies in respect to how they may use your information. Some to note are:-
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
- You may opt-out of my email communications by following the unsubscribe link in every email.
- You may access your personal information by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may update your personal information by emailing email@example.com.
- You may request your personal data be erased by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. As a parent or guardian, if you believe this Website holds personally identifiable information on your little cherub drop me an email at email@example.com to arrange removal.
Flights to Fancy Cookies Policy
What is a cookie? I’m clearly not talking about the kind you can eat. In the online world, a cookie is a small data file stored on your browser. Session cookies expire when you close your browser and persistent cookies stay on your browser until deleted. This Website and it’s associated third parties (see above) may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to:-
- store your preferences;
- record user-specific information on what pages you access or visit;
- ensure that you are not repeatedly shown the same advertisements; and
- customise Website content.
You can prevent this Website using cookies by changing the settings in your internet browser(s). You can delete existing cookies via your Internet browser or other software programs. If you choose to deactivate cookies, this Website may not function as intended which could impact on your experience.
Flights To Fancy Advertising & Affiliates Policy
There are no free rides in life and this Website costs money to run. On top of domain registration, hosting fees and support services there is a significant cost associated with traveling the world to bring you first hand accounts of my experiences to assist in your own travel planning. To offset some of those costs and make a little bank for myself, I include advertising on this Website.
- I will always add a disclosure statement at the bottom of a post if I have been paid to write the content (sponsored) or if the goods/services featured have been provided/discounted for the purposes of completing a review. All opinions expressed on this Website are strictly my own based on my own personal experiences and are in no way influenced by the product/service provider.
- The advertising displayed on this Website is generated by third parties (see above).
- This Website uses affiliate marketing which may earn me a small commission from any qualifying purchases you may make from the products and services I feature. This is at no extra cost to you. Win/Win right? If you click on an affiliate link on this Website, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for the purpose of paying a commission. If enough sales are generated, I may eventually make a little coin. I truly appreciate you supporting the brands that support this site and help keep it up and running. I am currently an affiliate for Agoda, Amazon, APD, CJ, Commission Factory, eBay, Get Your Guide, Groupon, Growth Ops, Impact, Klook, Keysearch, Metal Marvels Siteground and Viator.
Last updated: 14 May 2019.
Right, now that’s over, why don’t you go and read something more interesting like one of my most popular posts …