I’m back from Thailand and if you saw last weeks post you will be aware that The Wednesday Pants are no more. They were cut into shorts for the last episode of the series and never made it back Australia. When I started this series a year ago I can honestly say I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I thought it would be easy but it was not! TWP became almost an obsession. I was constantly thinking of new ways to wear them and every item of clothing I perused online or in store was critically appraised to determine how well it would work with these pants. Please join me for a stroll down memory lane as I recap my favourite moments from the last 12 months. Read on for all the details …
Before I start it would be remiss of me not to acknowledge this very special day, you see my baby boy turns 20 today. 20! The time goes so fast. It seems like only yesterday that I was bringing him home from the hospital. Unfortunately I am in Melbourne for work and won’t even be there to give him a big hug! I am so proud of the lovely young man he has grown into and he never fails to make me smile. In keeping with my theme of reminiscing I couldn’t help but share a few photos of when he was still little 🙂 Isn’t he just the cutest thing ever?
Anyhoo back to the business at hand. I can hardly believe The Wednesday Pants are done and dusted. It has been a fun ride over the last twelve months but I am happy to be closing this chapter and moving on to something new (tune in next week to find out what!). I’ve had a lot of fun writing this post, looking back over the year that was and remembering each and every one of the outfits I wore and the things that were happening in my life at the time. Trying to wrap a series in one short post is no easy task but here goes …
Over the last twelve months The Wednesday Pants have:
- traveled to 4 different countries; Australia (Sydney & Melbourne), USA (Hawaii), Indonesia (Bali) and Thailand (Patong & Koh Phi Phi). Can you tell I favour a beach holiday? lol;
- been with me as I struggled through the Sydney siege, celebrated the start of 2015 and mourned the tragic loss of my sister in law;
- been featured in black & white;
- grey (my favourite!);
- and a riot of colour;
- proven their versatility in spring/autumn, summer and winter;
- and collaborated with sixteen link up co-hosts. Here are just a few but thank you so much to all of you!
And now for the link up!
This weeks co-host is Carly. Carly is the blogger behind Dresses and Denim, a blog that features hairstyle tutorials, inspiring and practical outfit ideas, fitness tips, and lots of fun photos of Carly and her sweet little toddler as they travel the country. She has a passion for being a stylish Mummy and an expertise in doing quick beautiful braids that look great all day, so be sure to check out her tutorial page. This month she is doing a series of posts featuring her recent trip to Alaska, so swing by her blog and explore Alaska with her!
Thanks to everyone who linked up last week. The most clicked link was Leelo from Beauty By Miss L in a fun jumpsuit and my personal favourite was Nancy from Fancy Nancista in a stunning lace red dress. Make sure you head over to their blogs and show both ladies some love.
Want to be featured next week? All I ask is that you follow these simple rules when you link up:-
- Follow your host on Facebook, Bloglovin’, Twitter and/or Pintrest.
- Follow your co-host on Bloglovin’, Pintrest and/or Facebook.
- Your post should be either a white pants outfit from your archives or your best OOTD from this week.
- Ensure you link goes to a specific blog page rather than your home page.
- Include a link back to Sydney Fashion Hunter in your post.
- Visit a couple of the other links and discover new blogs to love!
See who I link up with here.