Hold on to your hats readers because I’m breaking another fashion rule this week! Apparently the experts have ALL agreed that double leopard is the ultimate fashion faux pas, but I’m having none of it! I’ve never really been a big fan of following “the rules”, fashion or otherwise. Just ask my Mum! I’m sure she had an absolute ball dealing with my teenage self. I can remember the very first time she tried to give me a curfew. I was 14 (almost 15!) and heading out on the town with a bunch of people from my first employer (McDonald’s if you must know!). Suffice to say there was way too much fun to be had and I did not make it home by the allotted hour. The punishment was not as bad as I feared and I’ve been pretty much doing whatever I’ve wanted ever since. Damn the consequences became my new motto and it still holds true with me today (within reason!). So when it comes to breaking fashion rules, I have to wonder what is holding us back from taking a chance. There are no real consequences. What’s the worst that can happen? People might point and stare? Blow it! Who cares what they think anyway. They are probably way to busy following all the rules to have any fun and who needs that! Read on for all the details …
While I am quite up for breaking a rule or two, I think there is some basis to where this particular rule might have come from, so just to be clear, I am in no way advocating head to toe leopard print. There are a couple of tricks to successfully pulling off double leopard. Keep the other elements of your outfit simple and in complimentary tones, break it up rather than wearing it touching and finally choose ‘spots’ of similar sizes. If you do it right you’ll come to see double leopard is not the crime against fashion some claim it to be!
This Week I wore:-
- Express Editor Pants – Featured in The Monthly Wrap #40. Options here, here & here.
- Express Portofino – Featured in The Weekly Wrap #9. Buy here
- Cue Black Patent Belt – Old. Options here, here & here.
- Nine West Leopard Pumps – Old. Options here, here & here.
- Sash & Belle Menzies Tote – Featured here. Options here, here & here.
- Charter Club Rose Gold Watch – Featured in The Monthly Wrap #38. Buy here.
- Lovisa Rose Gold Hoops – Featured in The Monthly Wrap #38. Options here, here & here.
- Lovisa Rose Gold Ring – Featured in The Monthly Wrap #37. Option here.
And now for the link up …
My favourite links last week were from A Good Hue and Between The Pearls. Black and white is such a classic combination and these ladies absolutely nailed it! I love that they have both added boots for an edgy twist. Head over to both of their blogs to see more of their style.
Want to be featured next week? Link up following the rules below:-
- Follow your host on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin, Instagram and/or Pinterest;
- Add a link back to Sydney Fashion Hunter in the post you are linking (text or button above);
- Link as many times as you like to specific blog posts (not your home page); and
- Visit a few other blogs and find new blogs to love.
Love link ups? See my complete list of Fashion Blogger Link Ups here. Who else will you link up with today? Let me know if there are any I have missed and I will gladly add them.
So what do you think? Did I pull off double leopard? Have you ever tried it? I’d love to hear you thoughts in the comments below.
Until Next Time …
Disclaimer: This posts contains affiliate links for which a small commission may be paid. Items marked C/O have been provided courtesy of the retailer. All opinions are my own.