Remember when I told you the other day that I was on the search for a pair of destroyed boyfriend jeans? Well I’ve sort of found what I wanted. I found these relaxed light wash boyfriends for a bargain price, the only problem is that they are not destroyed. So you can see my dilemma, they ticked every box but one. Well, given I am a pretty resourceful kinda gal, I figured I would buy them anyway and destroy them myself. Seriously how hard can it be? Anyway before I took to them with the shears, I thought I would show them here in their original state for my first time ever wearing a relaxed fit boyfriend jean. Of course, I will be sure to feature them again after I have worked my magic … Assuming everything goes to plan lol. I hoping they turn out something like these. Read on for all the details …
The other trend I’m trying out for the first time this week is gladiator sandals. I bought them last week in 5 seconds flat on my way into work. According to Mode’s 100 years of fashion video below, gladiator sandals are the shoes that define 2015 (along with boyfriend jeans … how on trend do I feel! Just need to get destroying!). By the way if you haven’t seen this yet, you seriously need to have a look. I’m so scared by the 1985 look as I wore almost exactly the same thing to my Year 12 Formal in 1988. Don’t judge me, I was 17 and it was the 80’s lol!
Anyway back to gladiators … Over the course of the last six months or so I reckon I have tried on about 15 pairs of black gladiator sandals and have hated every single one of them. Most of them were full gladiator styles, like the one on the right below. I really wanted to try this trend and I promise I did try to like them, but unfortunately I found them uncomfortable, ill-fitting and they made my legs look short and fat because they cut me off at the ankles. Then I found the ones on the left, which I am currently referring to as a half gladiator style. They fit like a glove, sit just underneath my pants/jeans and the strap at front makes them so much more flattering on me.
The moral of the story here is that you don’t have to slavishly follow the latest fad trend just because everyone else is wearing it if it is not working for you, instead look for a version of the trend that will keep you up to the minute in the fashion stakes but still works with your figure, personality and individual style.
This week I wore:-
- Jeanswest Boyfriend Jeans Antique Light Indigo (Long) – Will feature in The Monthly Wrap #41. Buy here. Options here, here & here.
- Supre Thick Strap Tank – Featured in The Weekly Wrap #18. Buy here. Options here, here & here.
- DNKY Sequin Sweater – Old. Options here, here & here.
- Nine West Saidah Sandals – Will feature in The Monthly Wrap #41. Buy here. I had a really tough time finding something similar and Nine West Australia only ship to Oz & NZ so if you are elsewhere try these options here, here & here.
- Spurr Summer Cross Body – Featured in The Weekly Wrap #17. Options here (seriously love this one and it is on sale #winning!), here & here (both also on sale!).
- Silverberry Peace Ring – Old. Buy here. Options here, here & here.
- Envy Love Ring – Featured in The Weekly Wrap #33 & 37. Buy here. Option here.
- Bangle Stack – Featured in The Weekly Wrap #26 & #40. Options here, here & here.
- Lovisa Hoop Earrings – Featured in The Weekly Wrap #6. Options here, here & here.
- Gucci G Watch – Old. Buy here.
- Follow your host on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin, Instagram and/or Pinterest;
- Add a link back to Sydney Fashion Hunter in the post you are linking (text or button above);
- Link as many times as you like to specific blog posts (not your home page); and
- Visit a few other blogs and find new blogs to love.